Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Age of Sex, Cellphones and Celebrity




I unearthed and dusted off my Romantic poetry book the other day, and I read and remembered. I thought about the Renaissance, a time of artistic and intellectual rebirth and rediscovery; and Classicism, the age of Enlightenment, elegance and logic; and (the best, in my opinion), Romanticism, the era of nature and beauty and freedom, an age of impractical but powerful passion and awe. I thought of these bygone times and it made me wonder:
What global ideal or consciousness moves us and inspires us to fits of creativity and expression? What do we as humans now value and cherish above all?
What will the age we're living in now be called once it self-destructs?

Our legacy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mail & Guardian